Who we are
This website is provided by Kanda Communications LLP (“Kanda Consulting”, “we”, “us” or “our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and the security of the personal information (“Personal Information” or “Personal Data” or “Data”) is very important to us. We work hard to safeguard your personal data in accordance with all relevant data privacy laws.
The rules we follow on processing of personal data are set out in the UK General Data Protection Regulation (the “UK GDPR”).
1. The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
Kanda Consulting will only process your Personal Data, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number or company name where there is a legitimate reason for doing so. The lawful basis we rely on for processing Personal Data will be one of the following:
- The processing is necessary for the performance for the performance of a contract you are party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- The processing necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations;
- You have consented to us holding such data for purposes agreed with you; and/or
- The processing is necessary for the pursuit of our legitimate business interests.
More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
2. Sharing your personal data
Your Personal Data will be treated with integrity and confidentiality, and will be shared only with the individuals or groups of people for which it is necessary to complete the purpose for which your Data was collected.
We have put technologies, policies and procedures in place with the objective of protecting your Data from unauthorised access and improper use and will update these measures as appropriate as new technologies and best practice guidelines are introduced.
Your Personal Data may be shared where we are required or authorised by law.
3. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your Personal Data for no longer than reasonably necessary in order to complete the purpose for which it was collected. We may keep some data for a longer period in order to comply with any legal or financial reporting obligations or for safeguarding purposes.
We maintain safeguards which include technical and organisational security measures to protect your Data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, alteration and destruction. We require the third parties we contract with to employ reasonable security measures as well.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breaches. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
4. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the UK GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You can ask for copies of your Personal Information;
- You can ask us to rectify inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information;
- You can ask us to erase your Personal Information;
- You can ask us not to use your Personal Information for marketing;
- You can ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- You can object to the processing of your Personal Information;
- You can ask that we transfer your Personal Information to another organisation or to you
- You can complain about our processing of your Personal Information; and
- To the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your Personal Information a is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
Please contact us using the contact information below if you wish you discuss or exercise any of your rights described above.
Personal information collected or shared
– How you use our site
We use Google Analytics to carry out statistical analysis of page use, page interactions and paths through the Website to evaluate and develop our Website. This is known as ‘digital analytics’.
This information allows us to understand individual behaviours and needs more accurately.
6. Children’s Privacy
None of the Kanda Websites are intended for use by anyone under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data from children.
8. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, put forward any queries or make a complaint please contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance using the details above.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
9. Contact details
Our contact details are:
Kanda Communications LLP
44-48 Paul Street
For all matters concerning your Personal Information or this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
Data Protection Officer: Alexandra Sodimu -Jones of KANR Legal Services Ltd.