We are looking for an Account Executive to support our work in the East of England
Are you a young graduate interested in politics and communications? Are you looking to join a company with opportunities to grow and learn, that is fun and social, and has lots of interesting, high-profile clients? Do you want a role that gives you flexibility about where you work, giving you the chance to find a balance between home working and office working? If all this is true, Kanda could be the company for you!
Kanda is a dynamic and exciting place to work. We work hard to develop a culture which embraces diversity and innovation and strive to combine creativity and strategy ensuring that whether you are just starting your career or a seasoned pro, you have the support and resources to develop your career.
Kanda is a multidisciplinary communications agency that focuses on the world of planning, regeneration and place-making. We work with developers, local authorities, housing associations, and charities to provide an integrated range of services in the spheres of politics, policy, and consultation. We provide strategic advice and political counsel, deliver community engagement strategies, develop innovative consultation content as well as undertaking social value assessments and shaping regeneration programmes. Our team is the best in class and has extensive experience of working on some of the most challenging, exciting, and complex projects in London and the UK.
About the role
We are expanding our operations in the East of England and are looking for an account executive who can support us and is based in this region – ideally in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, or elsewhere in the East of England.
You will be working with local government and parliamentary experts, political strategists, content creators and community engagement specialists, supporting their work on a range of high-profile and exciting regeneration projects. We are keen to hear from applicants with a hands-on approach looking to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and who are willing to learn on the job.
As an Account Executive, you will be supporting the team by carrying out the following tasks:
• Political and community research
• Preparing media monitoring reports
• Preparing new business research and contributing to proposals
• Compiling and updating stakeholder lists
• Drafting simple materials, such as letters to stakeholders
• Social media and website content writing
• Event management
• Report writing
• Drafting consultation materials, such as community newsletters
• Attending meetings with clients and stakeholders
• Other ad-hoc tasks to support the team
This is a full-time, permanent role, subject to a three-month probationary period.
We have a diverse team at Kanda and welcome applications from anyone who is interested in the role. An interest in our sector is the first step to success in our industry.
Other key skills include:
• You will have a full driving license and access to a car. We often work on projects which aren’t easily accessible by public transport so access to your own transport is essential. Mileage is reimbursed for approved business travel.
• You will have an interest in politics and planning. You are not expected to have detailed knowledge about planning or planning policy.
• You will have excellent copywriting skills and may have experience writing for different audiences or mediums.
• You will be well organised and able to manage your own workload.
• You will work collaboratively and take opportunities to ask questions and ask for help when required.
• You will be enthusiastic and approachable and have a “can-do” attitude. You will be keen to learn new things.
• You will be imaginative and creative, both in your project work and your approach to opportunities for business growth and improving our service.
• Political experience or knowledge in the East of England or elsewhere outside of London would be an advantage.
Salary and reporting
£22,000 – £26,000 (depending on experience)
37.5 hours per week
If you think that this role could be for you, we would love to hear from you. Please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV to apply.