We are looking for a passionate, confident and skilled Account Manager to join our talented team of consultants working across London boroughs.
We work with developers, local authorities, housing associations and charities to provide an integrated range of services in the spheres of politics, policy and consultation. We provide strategic advice and political counsel, deliver community engagement strategies, develop innovative consultation content as well as undertake social value assessments and shape regeneration programmes. Our team is the best in class and has extensive experience of working on some of the most challenging, exciting and complex projects in London and the UK.
We would love to hear form candidates who are passionate about stakeholder and community engagement. We need a self-starter and doer – who brings experience of account management with a genuine interest in local politics and the built environment.
The successful candidate will support a team of consultants in the London practice, with the day-to-day delivery of projects.
About the role
As an Account Manager, your role is to manage your client accounts on a day-by-day basis delivering high quality activity demonstrating Kanda’s objective to demonstrate added value in all our activities.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing, with support and guidance, consultation and corporate communication programmes for a wide range of property, public sector and corporate clients
- Support and brief client teams
- Providing day-to-day client liaison and being the point of contact for the account
- Well versed in all aspects of the planning and property landscape and be able to demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of how to deliver communication activities throughout the project timeline
- Preparing client ready collateral and advice on delivering a strategy and associated programme successfully
- Assisting in the organisation of public exhibition events including visiting and booking venues, distribution maps, Q&As and rolling out the agreed stakeholder contact programme
- Acting as a mentor and day to day contact for junior consultants
- Overseeing projects and ensuring junior members of the team deliver consistent, high-quality material and content
- Where necessary, participating in new business pitches and developing an awareness of new lines of business
- Have an increased understanding of the commercial drivers for your clients and business as a whole
- Oversight and management of client / project budget
- Act as a Kanda ambassador, reflecting the values of the business internally and externally (Inclusivity, Openness, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity
- Overseeing InCopy texts edits and liaising with the studio team to ensure all edits have synced with the design files
- Ensure compliance to GDPR, pro-actively liaising with the GDPR Guru’s with any queries
Key Attributes and Skills:
- Enthusiastic and approachable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Works collaboratively; good team player
- High quality of work with strong attention to detail
- Competent copywriting skills
- Demonstrates agility and responsiveness
- Strong ability to assimilate, analyse and summarise written material quickly
- Excellent research and communication (written and oral) skills
Kanda is one of the UK’s largest, independently owned agencies focused on real estate, regeneration and placemaking.
We provide a truly integrated range of services in the spheres of politics, policy, local engagement, consultation, branding and strategic communications advice and strategy. Our team is the best in the sector and has extensive experience of working on some of the most challenging, exciting and complex projects in London and the UK.
Salary and reporting
This is a full-time, permanent role, subject to a three month probationary period.
Starting salary £33,000 to £39,999 (depending on role and experience)
37.5 hours per week
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23 June with a cover letter and CV to apply. Early application is encouraged.
Stage 1 – Successful candidates will be selected for interview (face to face) and asked to complete a writing task
Stage 2 – Shortlisted candidates will be invited for second interview
Kanda is an equal opportunities employer; we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to attract a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We welcome applications from candidates regardless of their ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religious beliefs, or age.
Our HR team remove names, ages, and gender details from CVs before they are passed to interviewers to help eradicate unconscious bias.