Kanda is one the fastest-growing agencies in the country. With a passion for regeneration and place-making, we use our breadth and depth of experience to work intelligently and imaginatively to get the best results for developers, decision-makers, and communities.
We work with developers, local authorities, housing associations, and charities to provide an integrated range of services in the spheres of politics, policy, and consultation. We provide strategic advice and political counsel, deliver community engagement strategies, develop innovative consultation content as well as undertake social value assessments and shape regeneration programmes. Our team is the best in class and has extensive experience in working on some of the most challenging, exciting, and complex projects across the UK
The Role: Junior Graphic Designer
The successful candidate will have experience designing print, social, web and interactive materials and data visualisation for multiple platforms and channels. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate in an interdisciplinary environment. The candidate will be able to work in in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere and must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Objective of this role:
- Think creatively, producing and developing both print, digital and interactive designs
- Work on a wide range of projects, using various techniques to visualise and develop innovative graphic designs that meet the brief and client expectations
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and remaining within the budget constraints.
- Create solutions to improve design capabilities
- Working collaboratively with studio and the project teams to develop visual communications tools, marketing materials, website design and producing high quality design outputs for major clients
- Working closely with the comms team to produce print and digital assets that highlight Kanda’s work and increase overall brand awareness
- Developing innovative methods of visual storytelling for all collateral materials
- Design of multiple client websites
- Design and production of exhibition displays, brochures and publicity materials
- Managing deadlines and ensuring artwork is print ready
- Degree in graphic design or related discipline
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Ability to bring your concepts to life across a wide range of projects such as branding, websites, digital, social, animation and marketing comms.
- A keen interest in and excellent understating of branding, including brand design, creating and extending guidelines and brand identity systems and ability to work to a range of established brand guidelines (for different clients)
- Previous experience in web design is a huge plus
- Excellent knowledge of current trends in design, typography and graphic fundamentals for both digital and print
- Demonstrate well-developed artistic sensibilities and be able to interpret and address notes.
- Interest in architecture and urban design (desirable but not essential)
- Friendly, outgoing personality with strong organisational and communication skills