We are looking for a passionate, confident and skilled Senior Account Manager to join our team and help us grow our newest practice, Kanda Place.
Kanda Place helps clients, design teams, communities and stakeholders co-create places from initial design concepts to the delivery of developments that create places everyone can enjoy. They use creative methods to facilitate conversations that inform design development, meanwhile uses and long-term stewardship, and identify ways to maximise social value and community benefit.
Kanda Place brings people together in a collaborative process that provides everyone with the tools and skills to contribute to change happening in their neighbourhood. They work hand in hand with Kanda Consult’s blend of political strategy, local government knowledge and targeted stakeholder and community engagement. Kanda’s complementary services all play their part in supporting the creation of places that deliver for local communities.
We would love to hear from candidates who are passionate about contributing towards the creation of better places. We need a self-starter and doer – who brings experience of project and client management, as well as an understanding of what makes for successful community engagement and a genuine interest in the built environment.
The successful candidate will support the Director of Kanda Place with the day-to-day delivery of projects for development clients, as well as contribute towards a busy and varied new business pipeline. We are looking for a team player, who is looking to grow their career in a multi-disciplinary communications agency that is passionate about regeneration and place-making.
About the role
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Running consultation and engagement programmes for a wide range of property, public sector and corporate clients, you’ll be well versed in all aspects of the planning and property landscape and be able to demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of how to implement and successfully deliver planning consents for our clients
- Running consultation events and community workshops, leading on the preparation for events and delivery
- Produce new business proposals and develop and monitor appropriate budgets for overall client programmes
- Acting as a mentor and day to day contact for junior consultants
- Comfortable managing and developing training for wider team
- Overseeing projects and ensuring junior members of the team deliver consistent, high quality material and content
- Working as the Senior Consultant with day-to-day responsibility for key clients, working closely with Kanda Directors and Managing Director
- Act as a Kanda ambassador, reflecting the values of the business internally and externally (Inclusivity, Openness, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity)
Kanda is one of the UK’s largest, independently owned agencies focused on real estate, regeneration and placemaking.
We provide a truly integrated range of services in the spheres of politics, policy, local engagement, consultation, branding and strategic communications advice and strategy. Our team is the best in the sector and has extensive experience of working on some of the most challenging, exciting and complex projects in London and the UK.
Key skills and attributes
- Strong understanding of community engagment
- Confident in managing sensitive stakeholders
- High quality of work with strong attention to detail
- Competent copywriting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, good communicator – clear and directive
- Excellent organisational skills; good time and project management
- Enthusiastic, approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-starter, proactive, takes initiative
- Works collaboratively, good team player
- Demonstrates agility, decisiveness and responsiveness
- Works calmly under pressure, exercising discretion and demonstrating gravitas
- Demonstrates agility and responsiveness
- Strong ability to assimilate, analyse and summarise written material quickly
- Excellent research and communication (written and oral) skills
- Articulate and confident presenter
Salary and reporting
This is a full-time, permanent role, subject to a three month probationary period.
Starting salary £40,000 to £45,999 (depending on role and experience)
37.5 hours per week
Please email email@example.com by Friday 23 June with a cover letter and CV to apply. Early application is encouraged.
Stage 1 – Successful candidates will be selected for interview (face to face) and asked to complete a writing task
Stage 2 – Shortlisted candidates will be invited for second interview
Kanda is an equal opportunities employer; we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to attract a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We welcome applications from candidates regardless of their ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religious beliefs, or age.
Our HR team remove names, ages, and gender details from CVs before they are passed to interviewers to help eradicate unconscious bias.