We are looking for a senior web developer with 3-4 years’ experience working in a creative agency.
As a Senior Web Developer, your primary role is to create and maintain reliable and high-performing websites, web applications and services, whilst mainly focusing on the back-end development. You will use your understanding of programming languages and tools to analyse current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You will work in the Studio team alongside front-end developers, graphic and digital designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent.
Objective of this role:
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including accessible mobile and responsive site design
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines and remaining within the budget constraints.
- Kanda Shape product owner & knowledge expert – main point of contact (for both PocketApp, project teams and clients)
- Managing and updating kandaconsulting.co.uk and kandastudio.info websites.
- Managing all admin tasks around project websites (i.e. Website closure checklist, Ensuring website tracker is always correct and up-to-date)
- Develop or validate testing schedules, cross browser optimisation and performance browser testing
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology
- You will run the Digital induction and trainings with new starters (WordPress / CMS walkthrough, website options and examples)
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Every Monday morning, you will meet with the Studio team to discuss general updates, availability at a 2-week glance, followed with a retrospective review
- Every Wednesday and Friday morning, you will meet with the design team to run through your workload using Float. During this meeting we will schedule, forecast, and review all team assignments.
- You will use Harvest to ensure your timesheets are up-to-date and all billable hours are accounted for.
- Manage any project and/or task that is assigned to you via monday.com ensuring all deadlines are met and progress reports/status are up-to-date and communicated to project teams.
- You will ensure all Studio files and data you are working on are saved in the project folders/on monday.com correctly. Maintaining a consistent and tidy filing system.
- Coordinate with graphic designers to match visual design intent for each website using Figma & InDesign (prototypes and mock-Ups)
- Support quality assurance, and perform testing to identify bugs and ensure each website runs successfully
- Collaborate with the digital team to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Liaise with project teams regarding client website management for new and existing websites i.e. maintenance, updates and amendments.
- Create reusable objects and templates
- Suggest and develop new solutions to improve websites.
- Perform regular file backups to local directories for recovery, maintain FTP documents and managing hosting services.
- Bootstrap knowledge
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Figma
- Knowledge and experience of using React
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Knowledge and experience of using Response > PHP Laravel Frameworks (and Laravel Backpack)
- Experience using various hosting services. I.e. Godaddy, Siteground, 123Reg
- Experience using WordPress:
- Ability to build, edit and maintain custom WordPress themes
- Tailoring WordPress themes for client needs
- Ability to upload WordPress websites to domains
- Experience with different FTP Server Software’s (preferably FileZilla)
- Ability to write well organised and sustainable code
- UX/UI principles knowledge and its use in website design and development
Salary: £30-35k + benefits package
Reporting to: Ziggy Tuck, Studio Manager
How to apply:
If you are interested, please do submit your CV to Ziggy Tuck, Studio Manager // Ziggy.firstname.lastname@example.org