The Role: Web Developer – 12M FTC (Mat Cover)
As a Web Developer, your primary role is to create and maintain reliable and high-performing websites, web applications, and services, whilst mainly focusing on the back-end development. You will use your understanding of programming languages and tools to analyse current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You will work in the Studio team alongside front-end developers, graphic and digital designers to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent.
Objective of this role:
- Consistently create well-designed, tested code using best practices for website development, including accessible mobile and responsive site design
- Kanda Shape product owner & knowledge expert – the main point of contact for both PocketApp, project teams, and clients (training to be provided)
- Managing admin tasks around project websites (i.e. Website closure checklist, Ensuring website tracker is always correct and up-to-date)
- Develop or validate testing schedules, cross-browser optimisation, and performance browser testing
- Maintain updated knowledge of new and emerging industry trends and technology for R&D
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Use Harvest to ensure your timesheets are up-to-date and all billable hours are accounted for.
- Coordinate with graphic designers to match visual design intent for each website using Figma & InDesign (prototypes and mock-Ups)
- Support quality assurance, and perform testing to identify bugs and ensure each website runs successfully
- Collaborate with the digital team to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Liaise with project teams regarding client website management for new and existing websites i.e. maintenance, updates, and amendments.
- Suggest and develop new solutions to improve websites.
- Perform regular file backups to local directories for recovery, maintain FTP documents, and managing hosting services.
- Bootstrap knowledge
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Experience in using React
- Experience using WordPress:
- Ability to build, edit and maintain custom WordPress themes
- Tailoring WordPress themes for client needs
- Ability to upload WordPress websites to domains
- Experience with different FTP Server Software’s (preferably FileZilla)
- Ability to write well organised and sustainable code
- UX/UI principles knowledge and its use in website design and development
- Experience using Figma
- Experience in using Response > PHP Laravel Frameworks (and Laravel Backpack)
- Experience using various hosting services. I.e., Godaddy, Siteground, 123Reg
Salary: £35-40k + benefits package
Reporting to: Ziggy Tuck, Studio Manager
How to apply: If you are interested, please do submit your CV to Ziggy Tuck,
Studio Manager // Ziggy.email@example.com