We are looking for a passionate, confident and skilled Senior Account Manager / Account Director to join our team and help us grow our corporate communications offer to clients in the property and built environment space. We need a self-starter and doer – someone who’s looking to make their mark and grow their career in an independent agency that fosters entrepreneurialism. The successful candidate will be a team player who can easily manage client accounts and relationships, nurture media and external opportunities as well as actively contribute towards a busy and varied new business pipeline.
About the role
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Conceptualising creative ideas to help clients cement their reputation in the sector,
- Running corporate communication programmes for a wide range of property, public sector and corporate clients,
- Advising clients on both traditional and digital communications tactics as well as reviewing messaging to ensure positive association,
- Developing relationships with relevant media and sourcing a variety of proactive opportunities for clients, whilst strategically assessing reactive opportunities and making recommendations on how to proceed,
- Arranging events including round-tables, webinars, media gatherings etc,
- Planning content for social media including social posts, blogs, infographics etc,
- Sourcing new business opportunities and agreeing with the senior team how to proceed
- Developing responses and pitches to support new business opportunities,
- Line managing and mentoring junior consultants, helping them to excel and progress,
- Supporting the development of training for wider team members,
- Liaising with our in-house studio team, briefing projects in and helping to manage the process to ensure a timely and quality delivery of assets,
- Overseeing projects to ensure the delivery of consistent, high quality material and content
- Developing a range of written content including thought leadership, digital, media releases, research and more,
- Monitoring budgets and servicing to ensure profitability for overall client programmes as well as feeding into the billing process to ensure accuracy and timely invoicing and payment,
- Work with the management team to develop the Kanda brand and new business strategy,
- Share relevant industry updates internally and with clients as appropriate,
- Act as a Kanda ambassador, reflecting the values of the business internally and externally (Inclusivity, Openness, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity,
- Ensure compliance to GDPR, pro-actively liaising with the GDPR Guru’s with any queries.
Kanda is one of the Capital’s largest, independently owned agencies focused on real estate, regeneration and placemaking. We work with the biggest and brightest companies to support them in the creation and delivery of homes, places and spaces across the country and count names like The Crown Estate, Peabody Housing, Marks & Spencers, John Lewis and British Land amongst our enviable roster of clients.
We provide a truly integrated range of services in the spheres of politics, policy, local engagement, consultation, branding and strategic communications advice and strategy. Our team is the best in the sector and has extensive experience of working on some of the most challenging, exciting and complex projects in London and the UK.
Founded by Karen Alcock in 2017, we’ve grown quickly from just three to 55 staff and working with over 270 projects across London and the South East. We live our values of integrity, openness, inclusivity, creativity and collaboration with these hallmarks underpinning our work with clients and one another. We believe in balance and in return for their efforts, we invest in our employees in a big way. We operate a flexible hybrid work environment, offer generous leave allowances, an early Friday finish, annual company away trip and a variety of social events as well as formal and informal training opportunities. We’re always looking for ways that we can improve employee wellness.
Key skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills, good communicator – clear and directive
- Excellent organisational skills; good time and project management
- Enthusiastic, approachable, ‘can do’ attitude
- Self-starter, proactive, takes initiative
- Works collaboratively, good team player
- Demonstrates agility, decisiveness and responsiveness
- Works calmly under pressure, exercising discretion and demonstrating gravitas
- High quality of work with strong attention to detail
- Competent copywriting skills
- Demonstrates agility and responsiveness
- Strong ability to assimilate, analyse and summarise written material quickly
- Excellent research and communication (written and oral) skills
- Articulate and confident presenter
- Someone people respond well to
- Actively contribute towards Kanda marketing initiatives, sharing and inputting into social media content and attendance to events etc.
- Timely delivery of all business administrative responsibilities e.g. expenses, reviews, budgets etc.
- Participate in Kanda new business activity; research, drafting proposals, brainstorms and meetings,
- Develop key relationships with in-house studio team and being respectful of their time,
- Providing management with ideas to better enable and support employees.
Salary and reporting
This is a full-time, permanent role, subject to a three month probationary period.
Starting salary £40,000 to £60,000 (depending on role and experience)
37.5 hours per week
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV to apply. Early application is encouraged.
Stage 1 – Successful candidates will be selected for interview (face to face) and asked to complete a writing task
Stage 2 – Shortlisted candidates will be invited for second interview